Friday 27 September 2019

Promise of Love


Sweet heart, Oh Love!
The apple of my eye,
When are you taking me
To that blessed land
of togetherness?
Where there is no civilization
That bars us from being as one;
Only You and I, for all times to come.
Where there is no constitution
That intends to sever this tie.
Only You and I and our rainbow dreams!
Where there is no uncivil caste
That unbinds our sacred union;
Only You and I, and the Promise of Love!
Where there is no dogmatic faith
as brave as our companionship;
Only You and I, for all times to come.
Where no cultured body keeps
This desire in the closet of our selves
Only You and I, and our rainbow dreams!
Where there is no strong fate
That could ever set us apart.
Only You and I, and the Promise of Love!

Saravanan

No comments:

Post a Comment