Wednesday 2 October 2019

Prisoner of Love


How're you so close to me!
Even when you're nowhere near?
How're you so dear to me!
Even when you're at a distant?
Spare me your little tricks.
When did you become
the darling of my dreams?
Like a conquered queen,
You're ruling over my heartland.
Are you just a fairytale?

 Won't you end this debacle?
Walk over my fragile faith, else
Heal my injured heart that bleeds
Listen! To the daily whispers of love.
Unable to dismiss you,
How long can I survive?
This love's long sentence!
Question marks are tormenting
Finish it with a full stop.
Give my life it's meaning.

Fearing a downfall, My heart
swings amid hypothesis and hope.
You've held me captive!
Am I the prisoner of love?
All this for trespassing-
In the secret garden of your self?
For stealing a glance
at the beauty of your being?
If Love is a forbidden fruit,
Are we it's Adam and Eve?

Saravanan

1 comment: