Wednesday 25 September 2019

Shadow and Light




As days quietly go by,
Muted thoughts bespeak
A desire deep-seated.
The sweet and sour
Memories of the past
turn my sunshine morning
into shadows of the mortal.
Alas! Grief has no timeline.

As my heart bled to behold
this blooming love rest in peace.
The firmness of my earth cracked.
The calmness of my waters ceased.
The volcanoes of my world erupted.
Had I known the last time I saw you
was the last time I could see you!
Recompose the entire cosmos, I’d.

Would I not have stopped
this earth from spinning?
Would I not have stopped
the clock from ticking?
Would I not have stopped
the fate from twisting?
Who threw their jinx
upon this holy alliance?

Did you leave my love hanging
between despair and hope, my darling?
Did you leave my prayer dangle
over the pendulum of destiny?
When will this unholy mess end?
And when it does, oh dear!
Will you come to see me where
my dark night and your dawn meet?

Saravanan

No comments:

Post a Comment