Sunday 22 July 2018

Waiting for your word!

Thousands of days have passed
Since we shook hands and
Travelled together all this while.

No tragedy has struck me so hard;
Miseries million moved me not, yet
Your killing silences pierces my heart.

Penning new sonnets of suffering,
Plenty of my pens have retired hence;
Resentful of the chap, hapless.

Thousands of nights, passed by.
Since we parted ways, this solitary heart
treaded trails of travails, all this while.

Lapsed are dark nights and cold moons
As I still stay recluse in my room,
Withering away, waiting for your word.

As time turns my hair grey;
And age wrinkles my youth away-
In my funeral, tell your grand son that

Here is a man, who spent all days
Withering away waiting for your word;
That is as buried as my soul in thy heart.

Saravanan






1 comment:

  1. There's a beauty in those withered leafs that we often shackle off our shoulders or step under the burden of this ordeal called life. Such words are hard to find. Thank you for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete